PAID TO WANDER


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Performance Art




Unless you are very skilled at being antisocial and reclusive, painters who work on location often interact with the public. My personal experience has been for the most part very positive. People are in general very curious about the artistic process and are excited to actually see the very rare event of a painter painting. Kids especially.
Most children are very active drawers, colorers and of course dabble in the ultra-sensual finger painting. I think it enlivens them to see the possibility of taking all that outdoors and interacting with their surroundings.
For adults, it is a pleasant upgrade from seeing courtroom artists sketching you at the defendant's table, as I have so often personally experienced.

These are pictures taken of me painting on location on Kit Carson Street in Taos. I was in front of the Walden Gallery, which shows my work. Walden Fine Art

They were taken by my friend and fellow painter Coni Grant
Coni grant

I will back in Taos doing some more street painting this Saturday, April 24,from 2 to 6 pm. so if you are around check it out.

Next up: the actual painting from this performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment